Assess Cyber Threats and Collaborate on Best Practices
CHEVY CHASE, Md.-- Cybersecurity leaders from Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the U.S., including the Department of Defense, the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security, are on the agenda for a one-day deep dive into global threat assessment and solutions at the 3rd Annual Billington International Cybersecurity Summit March 21, Washington, D.C.
As cyber threats continue to plague and undermine governments and private sector organizations around the world, it's imperative that cybersecurity operators and leaders meet and partner to share knowledge and best practices to combat these increasing cyber threats.
Kicking off the program is David Koh, the newly appointed Cyber Commissioner of Singapore. Singapore has just enacted a far-reaching law that gives the cyber commissioner extensive powers over what it deems critical infrastructure industry companies. In the first U.S. speech since the new law's enactment, Koh will offer his view on how Singapore's new law will strengthen his country's and the region's cyber defenses.
Also keynoting is Essye Miller, the acting chief information security officer for the Department of Defense. Ms. Miller will outline DoD's cyber priorities. Cyber has become an increasingly important force in the U.S. defensive and offensive posture around the world. In her position as acting CIO for the Department of Defense, Ms. Miller's portfolio includes coordinating cybersecurity policies, standards and procedures with other federal agencies, coalition partners and industry.
Other keynote speakers at the summit are:
- Update from the Frontlines -- Facing the New Digital Battlefield
Ambassador Sorin Ducaru, Senior Fellow, Hudson Institute; Former Assistant Secretary General for Emerging Security Challenges, NATO
- U.S. National Security Systems Cybersecurity Challenges in a Global Ecosystem
Marianne Bailey, Deputy National Manager, National Security Systems, NSA
- Decision Calculus for Public Attribution of Cyber Attacks
Rick Ledgett, Former Deputy Director, National Security Agency
- Cybersecurity Priorities of Kuwait Through 2020
Mohammad Altura, Chief, Information Technology Sector (CITRA), Kuwait
Other confirmed speakers are:
- John Felker, Director, National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center, DHS
- David Hogue, Technical Director, Cybersecurity Threat Operations Center, NSA
- Atsushi Karimata, Counsellor National Center for Incident Readiness and Strategy for Cybersecurity (NISC) Cabinet Secretariat, Government of Japan
- Dr. Dennis McCallam, Technical Fellow, Northrop Grumman
- Richard Oehme, Director, Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Protection, PwC Sweden; Former Director of the Office of Cybersecurity and Critical Infrastructure Protection, Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency
- Taimar Peterkop, Director General, Information System Authority, Republic of Estonia
- Brig. Gen. (Ret.) Gregory Touhill, President, Cyxtera Federal Group, Cyxtera Technologies; Former U.S. CISO
Join us March 21 to hear cybersecurity leaders discuss best practices and important cybersecurity developments in the global effort to secure the cyber ecosystem.
[email protected]; 203-536-5545
About the summit host: Billington CyberSecurity is an independent media company that produces high-level executive forums, conferences and seminars about cybersecurity. The mission of Billington CyberSecurity is to bring together thought leaders from all sectors to examine the state of cybersecurity and highlight ways to enhance best practices and strengthen cyber defenses within government and the private sector.
Billington International Cybersecurity Summit
David Koh, Singapore Cyber Commissioner
Essye Miller, Acting CIO, Department of Defense
SOURCE Billington CyberSecurity