SureScan explosive detection system passes ECAC standard testing
BINGHAMTON, NY March 7, 2017 SureScan Corporation announced the x1000 Explosive Detection System has passed the new ECAC 3.1 tests for speeds up to 1,800 bags/hour (.5 m/s conveyor speed).
(Please refer to https://www.ecac-ceac.org/documents/10189/62763/ECAC-CEP-EDS-Web-Update-23-February-2017.pdf/14e93ae5-a553-4f37-963a-f2997b5e880d.)
“SureScan’s new ECAC 3.1 standard is evidence of the x1000’s advanced capabilities as SureScan is the first system to pass this newest higher level standard.,” said SureScan President John Percival. "The newly awarded ECAC 3.1 is on the path to a single machine that passes both TSA and ECAC testing at multiple speeds with the ability to switch algorithms on a bag by bag basis. This alleviates the problem that airports need to divert bags to different machines depending on their destination; creating extra value and minimizing infrastructure complexity."
The SureScan x1000 next-generation CT EDS features:
- Multi-Energy Photon Counting - Individual photon counting into multiple energy bins for evolving threats and standards
- Flexible Throughput - Large rectangular tunnel throughout
- Intelligent Platform - With more precise measurements and multiple energies, it provides the data for algorithm development in the future
- Static Gantry- Higher reliability, no moving parts, self calibration
- Lower Lifecycle Cost of Ownership - Less power, less repair and maintenance
To learn more visit www.surescaneds.com
About SureScan™ Corporation
SureScan Corporation is an emerging leader in explosives detection servicing the U.S. and international markets with corporate offices in Binghamton, NY. SureScan is dedicated to developing and manufacturing solutions to enhance national and international security by combining advanced technology with world-class production and value engineering expertise.
Focusing on the needs of stakeholders in the homeland security marketplace, SureScan strives to provide effective and economical solutions, knowing critical security issues must be addressed without dismissing financial realities. This pragmatic approach results in solutions that are efficient, cost-effective and meet rigorous detection and quality standards.