April 2017 Digital Edition
March 2017 Digital Edition
Feb. 2017 Digital Edition
January 2017 Digital Edition
Nov/Dec 2016 Digital Edition
Oct 2016 Digital Edition
Louisiana State Police equips more than 700 troopers with Axon body cameras
SCOTTSDALE, AZ Dec. 21, 2016 Axon, a business unit of TASER International (NASDAQ: TASR) and the global leader in digital evidence management solutions with the leading body-worn camera, today announced that the Louisiana State Police (LSP) would be among the first public safety agencies in the country to opt for a full deployment of 1,556 Axon Body 2 cameras. The full press release from LSP can be viewed here. The order was received in the fourth quarter of 2016 and the cameras are also expected to ship in the same quarter.
In addition to equipping more than 700 Troopers throughout the state with TASER's next-generation body-worn camera devices, the Louisiana State Police purchased a five-year unlimited Evidence.com license with Axon Five image-processing software specifically designed for investigative, forensic and security applications. Each Trooper will also be equipped with a Signal Performance Power Magazine (SPPM), which enables the camera to turn on automatically when an officer's TASER Smart Weapon is armed.
To address the unique needs of the statewide agency, the Louisiana State Police has opted to equip each member of its force with two cameras, totaling 1,556 units, thereby effectively doubling the amount of data a Trooper can capture before it becomes necessary to upload video to Evidence.com. At the same time, this decentralization makes the Louisiana State Police an ideal fit for the full Axon network (including Evidence.com and SPPM), as it enables efficient storage, management, and sharing of evidence without requiring centralized servers or filing systems.
"Fully deploying HD body cameras, let alone taking the innovative step of purchasing two per Trooper, is undoubtedly a bold move in the direction of improved accountability and officer protection," said TASER CEO and co-founder Rick Smith. "Combine that with our Axon Signal technology, which virtually ensures that important interactions don't go unrecorded, and you're looking at an agency whose technology can help them get to the truth faster and focus on what matters. We commend them on being one of the first major, statewide agencies to take these steps."
To date, more than 100,000 licenses have been booked on the Axon network worldwide. The Axon network seamlessly integrates devices and apps to enable powerful capabilities for building safer communities. The Axon network includes:
- Smart Devices – Body cameras and in-car video that leverage technology such as Bluetooth® wireless technology and Wi-Fi® to better track and manage data
- Mobile Apps – Evidence management for iOS and Android devices with Axon View and Axon Capture
- Unified and Integrated Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS) – One platform that removes siloed DEMS through cloud computing, integrations across media points, and open file standards that do not require proprietary file formats or media players
- Forensic Suite Tools – Forensic analysis via Axon Five and Axon Detect and proprietary video format conversion via Axon Convert
- Connected Ecosystem – From capture to courtroom, securely share and track digital evidence across public safety stakeholders
- Digital Verification and Audit Logs – Record every interaction with any piece of digital evidence including capture, ingest, retrieve, manage, and share
- Advanced Security – Industry–leading people, practices, and products that comply with CJIS at both the infrastructure and application layers and ISO/IEC 27001
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International makes communities safer with innovative public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, TASER first transformed law enforcement with its electrical weapons. TASER continues to define smarter policing with its Axon brand which includes a growing suite of connected products and services from body cameras and digital evidence management tools to mobile apps. More than 175,000 lives have been saved from death or serious injury with TASER's products and services. Learn more at www.TASER.com and www.axon.io or by calling (800) 978-2737.
TASER, Axon, and Evidence.com are trademarks of TASER International, Inc., some of which are registered in the US and in other countries. Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Wi-Fi is registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance.