April 2017 Digital Edition
March 2017 Digital Edition
Feb. 2017 Digital Edition
January 2017 Digital Edition
Nov/Dec 2016 Digital Edition
Oct 2016 Digital Edition
Hacks of mobile devices, self-driving cars, oil & gas stocks, and online banking among first research announced for Black Hat Europe 2015
San Francisco, CA, September 2 - Today, Black Hat, the world's leading family of information security events, highlights the first 20 high-intensity Briefings selected for Black Hat Europe 2015. Returning for its 15th year, Black Hat Europe will welcome the world's brightest information security professionals and researchers to reveal vulnerabilities that impact everything from the latest mobile and consumer devices to critical international infrastructure. This year's show will run November 10-13 at the Amsterdam RAI.
This fall, the global information security community will descend on the Amsterdam RAI for two days of intensely technical Trainings followed by two thought-provoking days of the infamous Black Hat Briefings. Bringing in the brightest regional and international minds in the industry, attendees will experience a lineup packed with the latest InfoSec insights from all corners of the world.
A few highlights of Black Hat Briefings selected so far include:
- Insecurity of stored mobile data: researchers found that they were able to access more than 56 million sensitive user records stored in the cloud by heavily misconfigured BaaS solutions.
- Threats to banking infrastructure: with 38 of the top 50 banks relying on Temenos to process daily transactions of more than 500 million banking customers, how does this critical software stand up against the security of today? Hint: It's not as secure as you think.
- Exploiting self-driving vehicles : the next evolution in transportation, autonomous automated vehicles are equipped with multiple sensors and like all digitally connected things, they can be hacked. These researchers have found how to execute remote attacks (as well as the appropriate countermeasures) on the camera-based system and LiDAR using commodity hardware.
- Cracking oil and gas stocks: researchers will shed light on this highly critical and very dark area of oil and gas vulnerabilities, discussing specific attacks as well as guidelines and processes on how to avoid them.
Black Hat Trainings:
In addition to the world-class Briefings schedule, Black Hat Europe 2015 will offer 10 deeply technical hands-on Training sessions led by some of the most sought after security experts in the field. Running November 10-11, the Trainings offer a separate set of courses for attendees on everything from penetration testing and infrastructure hacking to OSINT for social engineers and even the latest in incident response. For more information and to save €200 on your selected course(s) with early registration prices by THIS Friday, September 4, visit: blackhat.com/eu-15/training/.
Black Hat Student Scholarships:
Proudly brought back to Europe for the second year, the Black Hat Student Scholarship Program is a way to introduce the next generation of security professionals to the Black Hat community. A limited number of complimentary Academic Passes will be awarded to student applicants for Black Hat Europe 2015. Qualified students may submit applications by Friday, October 16, 2015. For more information and requirements, visit: blackhat.com/eu-15/student-scholarship-program.html.
Top Sponsors of Black Hat Europe 2015 include: Diamond Sponsor: Cylance; Platinum Sponsors: Palo Alto Networks and SecureAuth; and Gold Sponsors: Imperva, Veracode, Rapid7, Qualys, Fortinet, Checkmarx and Exabeam.
• For more information on sponsorship opportunities as well as the full list of exhibiting companies, visit: blackhat.com/eu-15/event-sponsors.html.
Future Black Hat Dates and Event
- Black Hat Europe 2015, Amsterdam RAI, Amsterdam, NL, November 10-13, 2015
- Black Hat Executive Summit 2015, Omni Montelucia Resort, Scottsdale, AZ, December 8-10, 2015
- Black Hat Asia 2016, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore, March 29 – April 1, 2016
- Black Hat USA 2016, Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, Nevada, July 30 – August 4, 2016
About Black Hat
For more than 18 years, Black Hat has provided attendees with the very latest in information security research, development, and trends. These high-profile global events and trainings are driven by the needs of the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry. Black Hat inspires professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration among academia, world-class researchers, and leaders in the public and private sectors. Black Hat Briefings and Trainings are held annually in the United States, Europe and Asia, and are produced by UBM Tech. More information is available at: blackhat.com.
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech engages technology professionals live and online through its world-class brands, including Black Hat, InformationWeek, Enterprise Connect, Game Developers Conference (GDC), Dark Reading, HDI, GTEC, Network Computing and Interop. We're dedicated to fostering real engagement by creating environments where the technology industry can make connections, share insights, and network effectively. UBM Tech is the only media company that delivers large-scale industry events, leading online brands and content marketing services serving the Enterprise IT, Information Security, Game Development, Enterprise Communications and Technical Services and Support communities. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion. For more information, go to http://tech.ubm.com.