Explosives Trace Detection (ETD) market growing worldwide, says HSRC
The mult-billion dollar Explosives Trace Detection (ETD) market is undergoing a growth period, driven by the turmoil in the Arab world, Indian and Chinese internal security investments, the European Union’s 2012 mandated enhanced screening regulations and U.S. legislation calling for 100 percent cargo screening for scheduled passenger flights, according to the Homeland Security Research Corp.
HSRC analysts forecast that, with no competitive explosives and narcotics trace detection modality on the horizon, the cumulative 2012-2016 ETD market -- including systems sales, service, consumables and upgrades -- will present business opportunities worth more than $4.7 billion.
HSRC has issued a new report, Explosives Trace Detection (ETD): Technologies & Global Market - 2011-2016, which is segmented into 48 sub-markets, offers for each sub-market 2010-2012 data, 2012-2016 forecasts, and analysis. In 240 pages, 87 tables and 148 figures, the report analyzes and projects the 2012-2016 market and technologies from several perspectives, including:
- Market forecast by application (e.g., transportation security, secured facilities security);
- National and regional markets (e.g., U.S., UK, Germany, France, Saudi Arabia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore and Brazil);
- Equipment sales market, service, consumables and upgrade markets;
- Current and pipeline technologies;
- Business opportunities;
- Competitive analysis of 21 major vendors and their products;
- Market analysis (e.g., market dynamics, market drivers and inhibitors, SWOT analysis).