April 2017 Digital Edition
March 2017 Digital Edition
Feb. 2017 Digital Edition
January 2017 Digital Edition
Nov/Dec 2016 Digital Edition
Oct 2016 Digital Edition
ViaSat broadens government security portfolio; adds new cybersecurity services and products
Carlsbad, CA, June 29 – ViaSat Inc. (NASDAQ: VSAT), a provider of broadband and communication technologies and services, has introduced new cybersecurity service and product enhancements as part of its comprehensive government security portfolio. The new offerings provide government agencies and military forces greater flexibility in protecting and sharing classified data, as well as enable them to proactively detect and respond to threats in real-time.
ViaSat takes a total systems approach to cybersecurity; ensuring customers can securely share voice, video and data without risk of network breach or cyberattack. By leveraging a systems model, customers can optimize existing security investments and integrate new services and technologies, as needed, for a complete, trusted view of their network security infrastructure. ViaSat's enhanced portfolio now includes:
Cybersecurity Service Enhancements:
- Vulnerability Assessment and Remediation Services: ViaSat is recognized as one of a few companies to provide vulnerability assessment and remediation services that span both cyber and physical security domains. Through an in-depth infrastructure evaluation, the company provides a tailored and scalable roadmap to defend against an ever-changing threat landscape.
- Managed Security Services: ViaSat now offers on- and off-premise managed security services, including 24/7 support, real-time response, customizable threat intelligence and consolidated security visualization.
Government Security Product Enhancements:
- Broadest Range of Network Encryption Products: With the introduction of several new products, ViaSat now offers a broad range of government-grade network encryption products from the fastest speeds (10G and 100G) for secure data center connectivity to the lowest size, weight and power Type 1 HAIPE for flexibility at the tactical edge.
- Trusted Cyber Sensors: ViaSat offers trusted cyber sensing capabilities that will be available via software-upgrade in several of its high-assurance products, enabling customers to extend their ability to detect malicious activity at the outer edge of their networks. Management and update of the sensors will be provided as a managed security service.
- Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) Products: ViaSat has been working with consumer electronics companies, like Dell, to secure tablets for UK Top Secret accredited levels to securely bring commercial mobile technologies to the battlefield. The Company was recently approved as a CSfC Integrator by the National Security Agency (NSA).
"ViaSat has tremendous experience in the design, development, implementation and operation of large-scale, secure government and commercial communications networks worldwide," said Jerry Goodwin, vice president, Secure Network Systems, ViaSat. "As a satellite broadband and wireless services, infrastructure and technology company with a dedicated team focused on providing security solutions to the DoD, we have a diverse understanding of the threat landscape and are continuously innovating to bring enhanced cyber protection and greater network efficiency to our customers."
Additional information on ViaSat's government cybersecurity portfolio can be found online at: www.viasat.com/secure.
ViaSat offers Exede® high-speed internet and broadband services in North America; worldwide mobile satellite services, including global tracking and messaging as well as high-speed in-flight internet; satellite broadband networking systems; Wi-Fi and other hotspot operations, support, and management systems; network-centric military communication systems for the U.S. and allied governments; cybersecurity; and communication system design. Headquartered in Carlsbad, CA, ViaSat employs more than 3,400 people worldwide in the areas of technology development, customer service, and network operations. For more information, please visit ViaSat at www.viasat.com.